… say the bells of St. Clement’s
A sunny summery cake for a sunny summery day. This One Bowl Citrus Cake is my go to recipe for something that I can throw together easily, that everybody likes, and that will cope with being baked in whatever tin I have handy. (So far loaf tin, round tin, and cupcakes all work).
It should have a yummy drizzle on it, but as soon as I put that on it all got eaten up, so this is a drizzle-less version!
Full recipe from Food 52…
2 cups All-purpose flour
3/4 cups Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking powder
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup citrus juice
2 teaspoons grated citrus rind
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 teaspoons Unsalted butter
2 tablespoons juice
1 cup Powdered sugar
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the oil and juice intoma measuring jug and add the eggs, vanilla and rind and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the gg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Pour into a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 180C for 55 minutes.
- For the glaze : Heat the butter and orange juice until the butter melts. Remove from the stove and add the powdered sugar whisking until smooth. Pour over the cooled cake.